Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update on Kai


First of all, I want to thank everyone who has lifted Kai up in prayer this week. So many of you have posted comments to this blog or privately emailed me and I thank God for each and every one of you. This was a very hard week for us all but it was particularly difficult for Kai. He has been poked, prodded, examined, and shot full of an assortment of liquids. Unfortunately, he will soon have to undergo surgery to repair a recto-urethral fistula. Don't worry looking it up, it means he has a hole somewhere between his bowels and his urinary tract. We have decided to go to the best clinic (with the best surgeons) in the world for this particular problem. This means we will be travelling about 8 hours to Cincinnati for Kai's surgery. Kai will be in the hospital for 7-10 days but we do not have the surgery scheduled quite yet. Of course, we must first deal with the wonderful world of insurance and slice our way through a good bit of red tape. If I may be so bold to ask, I would truly appreciate your continued prayers. David and I are strong and know that we will get through this as a family but Piper has not taken the news of her little brother's sickness well at all. She is a delicate soul and she is hurting right now.


I will post later when we have more news to share. Until then, give your kiddos an extra hug for me...


5 comments:

Mommy said...

Heather,

Thanks for the update on your little man. I am so sorry he has such a rough week. Glad you are headed to Cinci for surgery...being the BEST is definitely the BEST description we want for our babies. We will continue to lift him up in prayer.

Hugs,
Mommy

Wuxi Mommy said...

Please know that we're continuing to lift you & little Kai up in our prayers! I'm so sorry to hear that he will need to go through surgery, but thankfully he'll be in the hands of the best surgeon in the world. And, of course, he is always in the hands of the Great Physician! I'll also say a special prayer for Piper (I'm a sensitive soul myself:).

Denise Grover Swank said...

I will be praying for little Kai as he faces this surgery, for Piper who doesn't understand but loves her brother so much and for you and your husband as you watch your little boy go through this, watch your daughter hurt because of her brother and that you work your way through the *wonderful* world of health insurance red tape.

Tracy Peed said...

Prayers for Kai and your family. What a scary time for everyone. Good luck with the insurance company as well.

Tracy

catbertie said...

Friends in Indiana will be keeping your family and Kai in our daily prayers!! So glad you know what's the matter and that is correctable.
many blessings,
Cathy