Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This is War



The house was quiet on Friday afternoon. Kai had fallen asleep on the potty again (his favorite nap spot) and J.D. and Piper were engrossed in a game. I heard them talk about playing "war" but I didn't really know what that entailed. Well, a hour later J.D. calls me into his bedroom to see his hostage (yes, he just said hostage!) I walk into his pitch black bedroom and find Piper, tied to a chair, arms handcuffed behind her back, with a flashlight shining in her eyes and nerf guns scattered at her feet. Panic. "Piper, are you okay?" She replies, "Yes, mommy, we're playing war and J.D. captured me." Okay, I can breathe now. Piper looks terrible. She is a fantastic actress and she seriously looks like she needs help. My kids sure do have vivid imaginations. And special thanks goes to Uncle Max for the rope, I'm glad J.D. is making good use of it!

Gotta run, I think I just heard social services at the front door...

No comments: