Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Living at the Soccer Fields

J.D. being tripped - he went down hard!

Going for the goal


J.D playing some defense

Kai keeping busy at the fields


Isn't she gorgeous?

Piper playing keeper

Right after she saved a goal!



J.D. and Piper are smack dab in the middle of soccer season. This essentially means that we are tied up 3 evenings a week and all day Saturday at the soccer fields. Wow, what fun (insert sarcasm here.) Honestly, I love seeing the kids playing soccer and having fun but it has become much more difficult to live at the park since Kai has entered our lives. The poor thing gets dragged along to practice after practice and sometimes I feel sorry for him. I guess a lot of moms with several children deal with this guilt. Within the next few years, it will be Kai's turn to make his brother and sister sit through some terribly boring activities (I'm thinking violin recitals and Tae Kwon Do tournaments?)

As you can see from the photos above, J.D.'s soccer games are played at a much higher speed than Piper's. It is proving very difficult for me to get a good picture of J.D. playing. J.D. is really the team goalie, but I don't have one picture of him in the goal. Piper has also proved to be a good keeper this year (which surprised us all) but I can't stop screaming to actually get a picture of her saving a goal. Rest assured, I'm going to work on my photo skills during the next few games.

No comments: