
I just checked my calendar and today Kai has been home for exactly 10 weeks. These have been two wonderful months that I'm sure I will never forget. Kai is such an angel and has fit into our family as if he were born to us. He sleeps 11 hours a night (uninterupted and with no adults in the room), eats everything we put in front of him, and giggles all day long. He has gone from NEVER crying to crying when he falls down or hurts himself in some way. He has pitched 2 or 3 temper tantrums that lasted about five minutes each - but that's it. All in all, he is the best two year that I've ever seen.
J.D. (our 10 year old) and I miss China. We both love the people and the country and we had such a wonderful experience while there. I also miss the fact that we were able to be together 24/7 while in China - no work, no commitments, just pure unadulterated family-time.
I am still on Family Medical Leave but should return to work sometime in late March. I got a lead a on pretty neat part time job, but turned it down after realizing I would just break even after paying for Kai's day care.
As for an update on the family - J.D. starts lacrosse in February and David will be coaching Piper's soccer team (as usual.) Kai has started Mothers Morning Out for a total of 6 hours a week (yes, I have 6 hours a week to myself!) Kai loves school and you would think his preschool artwork is the Mona Lisa by the way he guards it! I believe it has something to do with spending his first 2.5 years in an orphanage, but Kai loves being out and around people - particulary kids.
I plan to begin blogging more often, but here are some pictures from the last few months. If you missed our travel journal, please visit our Journey to Kai at www.youbelong.net/olivet












No comments:
Post a Comment